Is my current license or identification card still valid?
Yes. Your current driver license or identification card is valid until its expiration date and will be accepted for federal purposes (such as entering federal buildings and boarding airplanes). When you renew your existing credential (which may not expire until April 2020), you will then need to bring in your documents to revalidate your identity, Social Security number, and residency.
Below are links to the documents you will need when it is time to renew your DC DMV license or identification and obtain a REAL ID credential:
- REAL ID Proof of Identity
- REAL ID Proof of Social Security Number
- Proof of District of Columbia Residency (2 required)
What happens if I don’t revalidate my documents and receive a REAL ID credential?
DHS is using a phased approach to determine when a REAL ID credential is necessary for entering some federal facilities and boarding airplanes. However, you will still be able to use your existing DC credential, a US passport, or other documents to do these things, as determined by the individual agencies. Therefore, there is no need for you to visit DC DMV to obtain the REAL ID credential until you need to renew, obtain a duplicate of your credential, or change your address. When this time period occurs, you will need to bring in your documents for revalidation. Links to the documents you will need are available in the answer to the previous question.
Buy Illinois Scannable Id Ids Fake com How much more does the REAL ID credential cost?
The fees for REAL ID credentials are the same as those for our current credentials. If you need to renew your credential or obtain a duplicate credential (due to loss, theft, or address change), then you will be required to pay the normal fees. You will pay these fees during the necessary in-person visit to provide the additional documentation to obtain the REAL ID credential. More information about DC DMV fees is available at the link below:
Will the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) accept identity documents other than driver licenses/identification cards?
Yes. TSA currently accepts other forms of identity documents such as a passport and will continue to do so.
For more information on acceptable forms of identification for boarding aircraft, please see TSA’s website at the link below:
NOTE: If you have a REAL ID-related question that is not covered by these FAQs or on other areas of our website, please email us at [email protected] Also, the link below provides additional information about REAL ID is available on the Department of Homeland Security's (DHS) website.
REAL ID is not required for the following:
- Entering federal facilitates that do not require a person to present identification (NOTE: Many federal facilities in the District have recently eliminated the requirement to show any identification when entering the building.) With Hands-on Answer Macworld Pay Pleasant Walmart Surprise To The Pay Retailer's A Apple Is
- Voting or registering to vote
- Applying for or receiving federal benefits
- Buy Illinois Scannable Id Ids Fake com Being licensed to drive by a jurisdiction
- Accessing health or life-preserving services (including hospitals and health clinics), law enforcement, or constitutionally protected activities (including a defendant’s access to court proceedings)
- Participating in law enforcement proceedings or investigations